We are excited to announce the release of AutoCAD® Map 3D 2013. Firstly, one of the most exciting changes with this release is that ALL of the AutoCAD Map 3D Enterprise functionality is now simply part of AutoCAD Map 3D 2013. This new offering delivers all of the benefits of AutoCAD Map 3D Enterprise, including as well as all of the former Autodesk® Topobase™ Client functionality, in a single offering. Moreover, this release includes improved capabilities to access and edit data from more sources, new tools for public review of information, offline editing and much more.
Please read on for detailed highlights:
Gathering Existing Conditions
- Data conversion tool to convert GIS & CAD data to Industry Models. Now it is possible to convert data from any FDO data source or DWGs to industry models, with possibility to automatically match attributes and domain values.
- Earthmine® Plug-in that provides real world context to infrastructure assets by displaying them on top of 3D panoramic imagery.
- Pictometry® Plug-in that provides oblique aerial images and great 3D measurement tools (more info)
Data Access and Editing
- Enhanced AutoCAD editing capabilities for GIS and CAD data and for industry model data
Industry models for Oracle, embedded DWG and now they are also available in Microsoft® SQL Server®
- Possibility to edit industry model data offline to explore different design options, what-if scenarios or edit data in the field. Later merge back the data or discard the changes without the need of being connected all the time.
Planning and Analysis Tools
- New Linear Referencing System (LRS) extension to manage information relative to the network.
- Dynamic, data-driven tool-tips and hyper linking from geospatial data
Publishing and Interoperability
- Publish native DWG to Autodesk® Infrastructure Map Server
- Dynamic legends, north arrows, and scale bars to create easily map layouts
More information here
New features videos here